There is no time like the present to work on mastering your time more efficiently. I cannot tell you how many times on Sunday afternoon that I say to myself, “I just need one more day to work at home”, but realistically would that one more day make that big of a difference? What would happen the next Sunday? With our blackberrys, iphones, and all the other organizational tools that we have access to you would think we would have more time. I have come to realize that it really is not all about only having 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, it is really about what I do and how I do it each minute and hour of each day. Mastering how to use your time to the best of your advantage in whatever it is that you are doing will maximize your potential to be more successful and have a better work and home life. Sounds nice, but is it that easy? Here are a few things you can do to jump-start time management plan;
1. Priority list for work and home, keep it simple you can always add to it, it is better to complete it and be successful than to make so long that you fail.
2. At work keep distractions down, focus on what can be realistically done each hour from your priority list.
3. Don’t over book yourself, this leads to stress.
4. Plan your day for work and at home the night before. Thinking about it and planning ahead of time will make you more successful at completing it, this has been proven to be true.
5. Have just one calendar and use it.
6. Establish routines for yourself in the morning and at night.
7. This is important..Be flexible.
We cannot add anymore time to the 24 hours in a day, but we can learn to master ourselves in what we do with those 24 hours.
One always has time enough, if one will apply it well. ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe