A friend recently passed this quiz along to me. It made me think about people who have helped me that I have not thought about in a long time. When I thought about these people I realized that they helped mold the person that I am.
The interesting and sad thing is that I don’t know where many of these people are today. They made their impact when I was much younger, but that impact stuck.
We have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on those we encounter each day at work and in our personal lives. What opportunities are we missing? Let’s make sure we take advantage of them
As these businesses attracted clients who would come in or sit down it was like a magnet and drew other clients.
The Thirty-Second Quiz
Don’t bother getting a pen and paper… just read… if you can’t
answer them, just keep going.
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last five Academy Award winners for Best Actor and Actress.
How did you do?
The point is none of us remembers the headliners of yesterday. These are no second-rate achievers. They’re the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Now here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. Name three teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special.
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
Was the second quiz easier?
The lesson learned?
The people who make a difference in your life aren’t the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They’re the ones who care.