Are you continually trying to improve and learn more about the industry you are currently working in? If so, you just may find yourself in the “super employee” category.
Super employees do not stay in the “safe zone,” which means just learning enough to do their job and no more. Super employees do not just want to get by; they want to fly by the rest of their co-workers and learn to fly as high as they can.
They seek out information that will help them do their job and inspire them to figure out how and what they can do better to improve and move ahead.
If this sounds like you, here are a few ways you can move forward into that “super employee” category:
1. Read industry related articles, magazines and books.
2. Attend educational classes, seminars or webinars that will improve or add to your skills.
3. Seek mentors to guide you and to learn from.
4. Join work related associations.
5. Super employees realize it is up to them to learn, this is what makes them grow and gain wisdom.
6. Share your knowledge with your co-workers and employer. Let them know you are interested and are personally investing in knowing more about your job field.
In today’s job market there is no room for employees who just “warm seats.” If you want to be a super employee, the only way to become one is to make yourself one.
No one can do this for you; it is an investment that you make in yourself. As with any investment it will take time to grow, but slow growth is strong growth.
Employers do see the difference in employees that are investing in themselves and those that are not.
No matter what your position is you can become a specialist at it. Take the time to invest in yourself even if it is just 15 minutes a day. The knowledge you learn will add up over time.
You can be a super employee!