As a business owner or manager have you ever asked your employees what they like most about their job and why? Do you know if they are interested in learning more about the business and would like to get additional training? Or have you asked them if there is something you can do to make their job more meaningful?
By asking your employees questions like these you not only show them that you care about them as people, but that you want to make their job better for them.
As a business owner or manager ask yourself the following questions:
(1) Does the business provide high-quality service and goods that my employees can be proud to recommend with confidence?
(2) Does the business have good delivery systems in place that will ensure promises and commitments made to customers are met?
(3) Does the business have high standards, honest, straightforward and carried out with integrity?
(4) Does the business have clear documentation for customers so they fully understand the services or products they are receiving and the cost for them upfront?
(5) Does everyone in the business treat customers, vendors and each other with the utmost respect?
(6) Do you as a business owner keep an open mind to new ideas from your employees?
The leader of any organization must be open to new ideas. Ask for feedback from your employees and customers on how your business is doing and it will continue to grow.
Employees want to be connected with a company they can be proud of. If you can answer yes to the questions above you should be able to create an excellent work environment where you and your employees will enjoy working for a long time.
If you cannot answer yes to these questions, do some homework and fix what is broken because your and your employee’s livelihood depends on it.