If you work with people you are in the people service business. Whether it is customers, patients, clients or coworkers that you work with they all deserve the best service from you, that you can give.
Ask yourself these five questions and then rate yourself from 1-5, with 1 being poor, 2 average, 3 good, 4 very good and 5 excellent and see how you tally up with your “service skills” score.
- Am I friendly all the time at work?
- Do I stay positive all of the time at work?
- Do I make it easy to do business with my company and with myself?
- Do I work well with my coworkers?
- Do I empathize with customers or coworkers when they have a problem and try to help them?
Sometimes it is hard to score “5” on everything each day. Once we realize we can greatly increase customer and coworker satisfaction by trying to be the best we can at work each day doesn’t it make it worth trying?
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr.