The culture of your company leaves a fingerprint on your customers. Your culture is unique only to your company and those that work there. Your culture could be thought of as the company’s personality.
We all have met a lot of people, some with great personalities and some with so-so personalities. Have you thought about what your customers say about your company’s personality?
To create a great company culture there are a few important ingredients that need to be added into the mix:
- Clear communication between business owners, management staff and all employees about the company’s vision and how each person plays a part in it.
- Everyone who works for the company shares the same business values and ethics.
- Employers need to make sure that all employees have input with regard to their position and are given direction and training with regards to their job duties so they can be successful.
- The company must have leadership that can be respected by employees and customers.
- The company must show their employees that they are valued.
Customers can tell a company’s culture as they engage its employees. Is your company providing a culture that makes customers want to come back again and again and tell others about? Does it have a great personality, one that your customers are drawn to?
“Determine what behaviors and beliefs you value as a company, and have everyone live true to them. These behaviors and beliefs should be so essential to your core, that you don’t even think of it as culture.” ~ Brittany Forsyth, VP of Human Relations, Shopify