We are so busy being busy each day that it is hard to find time to accomplish all of the things that we “think” we need to do. Staying focused can be difficult, but it is necessary in order to successfully complete our tasks and reach our goals. Staying focused takes practice as our minds are constantly taking our thoughts all over and we need to be able to rein them in.
Here are a few tips that just may help you to become more focused:
- Set clear goals to begin with.
- KISS – Keep it super simple by working on one task or goal at a time.
- Use action item or to do lists to stay organized.
- Set timelines for work, such as 30, 60, or 90 minute periods of time.
- Schedule short breaks from working, maybe 10 minutes out of each hour.
- Exercise, meditate or give yourself some alone time to think… just think.
- Have an organized, clean and comfortable work space, one you enjoy being in.
- Get good rest.
- Minimize distractions while you are working. This is probably one of the hardest and many times we are the one who cause our own distraction because we have not learned how to stay focused.
Brendon Burchard has some excellent advice in the video below on how to stay focused.
Reblogged this on Gr8fullsoul.