Working on a team can be a lot of fun, but there also can be difficult times where team members do not see eye-to-eye.
Open communication is the key to working through the difficult times and achieving results that make the team stronger.
There are several characteristics that successful teams possess that attribute to their ability to work well together and to achieve workplace goals.
These characteristics may seem familiar to you if you have ever played on a sports team. Whether it is a sports team or workplace team, they share the same characteristics.
- Each member is competent and knows their assigned role on the team.
- Every player on the team is committed to success backed by hard work to meet team objectives.
- All team members appreciate each other’s role and accomplishments.
- There is mutual acceptance of personal accountability.
- Acknowledgment and acceptance of each member’s strengths and weaknesses.
- All team members are respectful of one another.
- All team members follow the Three Musketeers Motto, “All for one and one for all!”
Creating a great team environment takes continuous work and effort to listen, communicate and care about each other.
When the team players take the time to do the above it will create a team that you are proud and pleased to be a part of.
Many of us are more capable than some of us, but none of us is as capable as all of us. ~ Tom Wilson