How do you feel about your job? Do you love it or hate it? Or is your job just okay and will do for the time being while you figure out what you really want to do?
The latest Gallup Poll showed that 70% of Americans hate their job. That is a pretty amazing fact! Yet this is a terrible fact because people need to work to support themselves and their families, yet they are unhappy at work.
What is really sad is there is something that can be done to change and make bad workplace a great workplace for employees. It would take an open discussion between the employer, management staff and the employee to come up with what is wrong and what could they do improve the workplace environment.
A Google search shows this list top five reasons people hate and love their job below.
Top Five Reasons People Hate Their Job:
- Bad boss or manager
- Dead end job, no room to move up and the employee becomes bored.
- The job is too demanding and interferes with the employees person life. They are overworked and under valued.
- Poor, stressful and unhealthy work environment.
- Under paid.
Top Five Reasons People Love Their Job:
- Great boss, manager or coworkers. They are like-minded people and feel like family.
- They have autonomy and flexibility in their job and they have responsibilities that matter to them.
- Great work culture/environment from the boss down. The workplace is functional, fun and fresh each day.
- There is variety in their job. They get to learn new skills, become cross-trained and know they have more value to the company because of this.
- Their job is challenging and it stretches their abilities in an exciting way. They are able to give input and are listened to by upper management.
As you can see from the list of why people love their jobs, the reasons are very obtainable if the employer, manager and employees worked on making the necessary changes to make it a better place for all. What is mind-boggling is that so many don’t.
What are you doing to make your workplace environment better for everyone who works there?