Maintaining a positive attitude is a choice, but it is much easier to have a positive attitude when your work and your life are going well. As we all know there are bumps in the road of life every day.
I not going to say that keeping a positive attitude is easy, but it is possible. There are a few things we can do each day to help our attitudes to stay on a more positive road.
- Be grateful. When things are getting tough start saying what you are grateful for.
- Reframe the challenges you are facing. Instead of dreading what you need to do, think about it as an opportunity to challenge yourself to feel better about the situation and how you can learn from it.
- Use positive words instead of negative one. (This can be challenging but it also can be fun)
- Avoid others that are complainers, it will only bring you down and allow you to get caught up in their negativity.
- Step outside when things get tough. Do some deep breathing. If you can take your shoes off and stand in the grass to get ground yourself all the better. Just a couple of minutes to regroup.
The choice is yours, only you can choose what attitude you will bring to work and at home. It is a minute by minute choice on days that are challenging.
Choosing a positive attitude, as I said can be challenging, but it can be done if you start implementing some of the positive habits above.
My wish for you is a more positive day today!
Reblogged this on Gr8fullsoul.